
O.K....Here goes!! I was told not to blog this but I've never been good about keeping my mouth shut; or, in this case, my fingers still! This post might jeopardize an almost 30 year relationship!!
Son-in-law made his usual 'check-in' call this afternoon. We were just chit-chatting about this and about that. I told him I thought it was going to rain again tonight, which brought us to talking about all the rain his area has had. He made the comment that he had been in doubt as to whether to start his watering and then said that he decided to go ahead. And then he added, “When in doubt, do it!”
I said, “Son! I've always heard that expression to be “When in doubt, DON'T!”
His reply was...”Well, that just applies to farming....NOT moral issues!”
And then his final admonition was “Now, don't you get on that blog and tell the world that I said “When in doubt, DO IT!”
I agreed, but I guess he can come back at me with “Liar, liar! Pants on fire!” I hope that my next post isn't about a serious breach in family relationships!
When in doubt, do it? When in doubt, don't? The first applies to farming; the second applies to moral issues. Which one applies to ethical issues?
Decisions, decisions!
9 comments:
I've only heard...
when in doubt, throw it out!!
WHEN IN DOUBT I ASK MY BRIDE FOR SHE'S A EXPERT IN ALL THINGS,
AS I HEARD ONE OF YOUR SON-IN-LAWS SAY"IRREGARDLES" WHEN IN DOUBT????????
when in doubt have a designated driver.
Pineywoods
Here's another blog you might like...
she's a Christian mother of five...
and she's from Texas!
http://raisingfive.blogspot.com/
terri,
that is my philosophy when cleaning out the frig...and my mom always cleaned out the frig when i was doin' dishes. nasty...
tam
"WHEN IN DOUBT"... YOU WENT WITH AL'S ANSWER BECAUSE YOU POSTED IT AFTER DOUBTING "WHETHER TO OR NOT"
DW
be reallllllllly careful what you tell someone , an tell that person not to tell any one else
because it might wind up out in cyber space
dirt farmer
well....'said person' still thinks that a received e-mail would make a terrific follow-up blog post!!
Continue being nice and sweet to 'said person'...bcuz that would sure make for good reading!
Post a Comment