Tuesday, July 24, 2007

but, on the other hand....

Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7:10

The only thing we get by spending our time looking in the rearview mirror is a big disaster in our front windshield!
*
Our best days as Christians are always ahead. Jesus has promised to return and take us home to God -- what better future could there be!
*
So let's not get distracted with nostalgic cynicism. We can thank God for his past blessings, but let's not waste the present with pessimism.
*
Let's make a commitment to redeem our time and trust that the same God who raised Jesus from the dead also holds our future in his hands.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Christians our hope is in the future. What a glorious day that will be when we meet our savior

robkroese said...

That's a great verse.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Wow... that is great....

I'm always lookin back...

David said...

Very true. Someone I respect once said we should pray daily for the second coming to go ahead and come!

Terry said...

Hi In_spired! Its always a good reminder to be cheerful and hopeful!

A Friend said...

I think I'll print these and post them on my refridgerator! I love these!