Meet the King (father) and Queen (mother) of the Prince and Princess of Houstonland. A book could be written about their experiences from their first meeting to the present, spanning a period of about 20 years. But suffice it to say, they are durable, home loving, family loving, responsible, creative, fun loving, creative, contributors to society, and above all they are God loving. I'm sure I've forgotten several more redeeming qualities but...you get my point!
☼
The King is an employee of NASA, Johnson Space Center. After all these years, I'm still not certain just what he does. The only thing I really know is that he loves his job and, as he has said..."I can't believe I get paid for what I do! If I had some other income, I would do it for nothing!"
☼
Queen Mother is the Director of Pre-School Ministry of University Baptist Church, where they are active in their service. She is just as happy and dedicated to her job as the King.
☼
But above all, they find quality time to be with their two children and are raising them in nurturing love.
Now, to bring you to the real point of this post. Every year, Queen goes to a 3 day conference related to her work. The King juggles his work and time to take care of the children while she's away.
☼
This year, and I'm not sure of his motivation, whether it was an act of love for her or a way of entertaining the children (but can the two motives be separated?) they created a wonderful surprise for her return!
☼
Queen is a "picture person". She loves photographs, all framed, put in every imaginable nook and cranny of her house. She goes to great lengths to find just the right frame for every picture. For several years, in her hallway, she has had a grouping of frames depicting monthly events in their lives....from January to December. It's always fun to go to their house and look at the pictures and catch up on a complete year just by looking at the pictures.
☼
When she left for the conference this year, the King went to Michael's, purchased 12 wooden frames, brought them home to the children and.....WAH-LA! Here's the result:
December, created by the PrincessJune created by the Prince
Needless to say, Queen was elated with the thoughtfulness, the love, the creativity, and the fact that King supervised the whole project!
☼
HAIL TO THE KING AND QUEEN AND THEIR DOMAIN!
2 comments:
HE MAY GET THE CRAFTY IDEAS FROM HIS F,I.L,
Hail to the King and Queen...
nice couple...
nice frames!
Post a Comment