Tuesday, August 21, 2007

We're All In This Together


My expertise in music doesn't go much beyond Country/Western or Contemporary Christian, though I've admired and enjoyed televised performances of the great operatic tenor, Luciano Pavarotti.
.
If my memory serves me correctly, the first time he was brought to my attention was in a televised opera in 1977 with his performance as Rodolfo. This was the first "Live from the Met" telecast. It was truly a thrilling performance.
.
It was from the same stage that he and Placido Domingo, together, celebrated their 25th anniversaries with an Opening Night Gala performance in the fall of 1993.
.
I feel a sadness that this man has been stricken with pancreatic cancer. This is the same type of cancer that took the life of my dad in 1965. The commonality of the illness puts my dad, a plumber/electrician by trade and Luciano Pavarotti, one of the world's greatest operatic singers on the same level.
.
This morning, a whole new meaning to the phrase "We're all in this together" has been brought to mind.
.
Have a good day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR DAD MAY HAVE NOT BEEN A BIG OPERA STAR. THOUGH HE DID RAISE SOME SMART PRETTY DAUGHTERS.
MORE DEMAND IN THE WORLD FOR GOOD PLUMBERS & ELECTRICIANS THAN OPERA STARS.
Hope Luciano Pavarotti will get better, Did not mean to steal his thunder

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I had no idea about Pavarotti.

Although....I do agree with Crabby about your dad!

A Friend said...

I've missed you...
Thank you for being so wonderful.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I'm w/ Crabby and Queen...
and...

that's awful...
my aunt died of that type cancer .. it was pretty awful

Paul Champagne said...

You can add my dad to the list of victims of pancreatic cancer. He was just a photographer and a teacher but to me he was as great as Pavarotti.

joyfuljourney said...

Hey girl!

I love the look of your updated blog. You've inspired me to update mine, but now my older posts are messed up. There are no words on some of my posts. What did I do wrong? I really don't want to lose all my posts from the last year!

Miss you!

joyfuljourney said...

Ok, so, my posts are NOT messed up! I only needed to change the color of the font!!!!