Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Yam What I Yam...

I know.

Believe me. I’ve chastised myself many times during the past year for letting my blog “go to pot”. Ummmm…maybe that’s what’s wrong. It needs a shot of those marijuana meds that I’ve been hearing about.

The major occurrence that caused the decline in postings is the social network called…..Facebook. I wonder why it’s not called Footbook because I’ve put my foot in my mouth so many times I can’t count! Also, I’ve stepped on many feet by inserting comments to which some people oppose highly. But as Popeye would say , “I yam what I yam“.

But Facebook isn’t bad. In fact, I’ve made some of the most fantastic connections to new friends, old friends, and even present friends. One old/new, younger friend I’ve made…..let’s see…..I’ll call her Betsy, has promised that she’ll start a blog very soon. Another new friend has also said she will begin a blog. I'll call her Sara! Maybe some of you will go to their blogs and get to know them. They are absolutely two of the wittiest and smartest women I know.

Several of my most ardent followers are on Facebook so I’ve been able to keep up with them. But many of you I miss greatly.

I’m hoping that the competition with Sara and Betsy will motivate me to “get going” again. My intention was to post about something that happened almost a year ago. I have another friend…Tammie…who has asked…”Why haven’t you posted about that?” Well, Tammie…next post will be about that fruity cobbler I was throwing together.

As John the Apostle wrote in closing of the Book of Revelation:

“The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people.”