Today is Tuesday, February 21, 2012.
Fat Tuesday.
The day before the 40 days of Lent begins.
I’m not Catholic but I do place a lot of admiration in their observance of the Lent season….sacrificial ‘giving up’ of something very important in your life. I have made this a practice for the past 5 years and have found it to be the most spiritually rewarding of most things I “try” to do for God. As Christians, here in the United States, we have no idea of what the word sacrifice means. The closest I can come to the understanding is to ‘give up’ something that means a lot to me.
In the past, it has been anything related to food containing SUGAR because I’ve always been addicted to wonderful desserts. Well…they didn’t even have to be ‘wonderful’ IF they had plenty of sugar in them. But, believe it or not, through my past observances of Lent, that sugar addiction has disappeared. So…that wouldn’t be much of a sacrifice anymore.
This year, I’ve decided to give up my addiction to the social media of Facebook. I love Facebook. I love keeping up with old friends and I love meeting new friends. But a lot of time is wasted each day when I could be doing more productive things….like keeping my house in order, doing things to help others (instead of just thinking about it).
I started this blog in August, 2005 and kept it diligently until I registered for Facebook. Since then, it has been neglected. During this 40 days of Lent I hope to revive it and regain a following. I have almost 6 ½ years of our lives invested in “For the Love of Home” and I don’t want to lose it.
If you are reading this, I would love for you to check back occasionally to see what progress I’m making on my blog. I hope you won’t be disappointed.
Blessings to you and your’s.
2 comments:
My blogging has definitely suffered since I signed up for Facebook also. So have most of the blogs I used to love. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you in the next 40 days in the longer form, and hopefully being inspired to write something more myself.
Thanks for reading, 'thisisme'! I've missed our blogging days so much. I am going to make a supreme effort to get back. I used to think I was a pretty good writer but my writing skills have suffered also. Please check back and "keep me in line". I'll check your blog to see if you've made progress. Thanks for being my friend.
Post a Comment