A Long Hot Summer Ramble
Though it has been a long, hot summer, it is passing quickly. I suppose that is considered an oxymoron.
It has been about 4 months since I’ve felt the urge to update my journal. That’s sad. It’s not that I haven’t had things to write about…I just haven’t been inspired.
We’ve been in a terrible drought and triple digit temperatures. The lawns are dead, shrubs are dying, the water source for our little town is being depleted, week after week. The ‘word’ is that if we don’t get significant rain soon, to fill the lake, we have only 8 months left of water.
So. A lot of time is spent inside the house, with air conditioning. Thank God for air conditioning!! And…what do you do when at home? Watch T.V. of course. And, what do you watch on T.V.? Well…if you’re interested in the welfare of our nation, you watch the news stations. More depression.
Now that I’ve spilled my gut with bad news, here’s good news! HK and I are well, with no major health issues. That’s PLENTY good! We are fortunate to have a daughter that has made her home here. Her house is within a stone’s throw of our home. Even considering the hot, dry summer, we’ve stayed busy trying to help her get the house in order.
And then, there’s Coco…the Havanese puppy that rules our lives…and, believe me…she rules with an iron paw!
I started listening to the audio version of a book by don Miguel Ruiz called “The Four Agreements”. I am very impressed with it. If the 4 Agreements were applied to my life, the first part of this entry probably wouldn’t have been written. I will write about it more in depth at a later time.
Enough rambling for now. I just felt the need to visit my blog.
Peace to you and your’s…
2 comments:
I'm glad you posted. I always like to hear what you are thinking and how your world is
awww...thanks, thisisme! Maybe next post won't be so dreary. It HAS been a long, hot, summer. Thanks for continuing to be my friend....
Post a Comment